Tuesday, February 28, 2012

                                                           All Get Out- The Season


Late last year I started hearing the buzz around this band as they released their debut full length for indie kingpin label, Favorite Gentleman (Andy Hull of Manchester Orchestra) but it wasn't until I stumbled  upon a video of the lead singer/guitarist and the other guitarist play a back alley acoustically. The song was the title track and be posted below. I streamed the album on spotify a few times. I was simply blown away. With what I can only describe as swagger they have seemed to merge a high energy indie rock (think Dear and the Headlights with teeth) with southern grit that can only be rivaled by southern metalcore legends ETID (except these dudes are southern boys through and through). To me, this album is everything I wanted Simple Math to be, loud and personal. Characteristics of these songs tend to be warm tones, buzzy guitar effects, occasional piano, and sometimes some rather infectiously catchy choruses. The best example is in the case of the title track, as the singer shouts "Don't want to go, don't want to go, don't want to leave the south.Shut the door, shut the door…can't see me now. Fall back, fall back, don't leave me out. I felt a hand leave my hand, it covered up my mouth."  and the harmonies creep from the background to the forefront the intensity is cemented into your brain. I will defiantly be looking for forward to seeing them with La Dispute, Balance & Composure, and Sainthood Reps. Such a solid line up.
8.5/10
For Fans of: Manchester Orchestra// Dear and the Headlights//Built to Spill//Sainthood Reps
Bandcamp:http://allgetout.bandcamp.com/
Spotify:http://open.spotify.com/artist/40YwbT9WnYAkFgBSYtHGQj


No comments:

Post a Comment