Tuesday, February 28, 2012

                                                                         Travels- Life
What this is is a very small band ( I can't find their facebook if they have one) that seems to be from the Chicago area. I've had this for sometime, I can't remember how I found it. They play a brand of complex post hardcore that would appeal to fans of Defeater and Pianos Become the Teeth. Prominently Pianos with the vocals stylings that are employed and some of the guitar tones they manage to get. While on this subject I'm really partial to the guitar work on this thing, it shreds dicks. The vocals are very emotive and yelly/screamy. The drums compliment the songs fine. This Ep is a great way for any band. It's free. Get it, girl.
7/10
For Fans of: Pianos Become The Teeth, Defeater, The Saddest Landscape (maybe) 

No comments:

Post a Comment